Fri 17th to Sun 19th May 2019
Big Money, Street Style Race!
Doorslammers which ran in the 1970’s and 1980’s is back at Santa Pod in a bigger and better format, along with a huge prize fund. The Doorslammers has six heads-up classes along with one huge Bracket class. The prize money up for grabs will be £80k, this will again be the largest prize money ever paid out for this type of event in the UK.
TICKETS: Adult Tickets from £14 - Kids Under 16 FREE* Buy Tickets
Entry List: View the current Doorslammers Entry List.
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- No limitations, Safety rules only
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- MOT and taxed cars only
- No Wheelie bars
- No chassis mods allowed (Must retain original floor pan, firewall and chassis)
- Subject to MOT checks and tech inspections with tech cards
- Any E marked tyre permitted plus: Hoosier Quick Time (Full Tread Pattern), Mickey Thompson - Sportsman / Sportsman Pro / ET Street Radial, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial, M&H - Drag Radial / Muscle Car DOT Drag Tyre. All tyres must maintain a tread depth of at least 1.6mm across 75% of the tyre at all times.
- Heads Up Racing on a Pro Tree
- Up to Four cylinder
- Rotary cars NOT permitted
- Road Legal Electric cars permitted
Big Bracket x 2
Entry Fee £200 - Prize Pot £10k Per Day, Winners £5k
- Each bracket race will take place over a single day
- 6.99 to 11.99 dial in only
- One Practice run and NO qualifying
- Random pairings
- Ladders produced for the last 8 cars
- All electronics allowed
- Random first bulb Sportsman Tree
- First round “buy back” £50 (payment must be made at Sign-on before buy back race)
- Buy back racers vs buy back racer before entering second round eliminations
- The Big Bracket class will be scheduled/time tabled runs only over both days
- All run field
RulesThe organiser deems the right to add to or alter these rules prior to the event.
- A full valid recognised road driving licence or MSA/FIA licence is required to sign-on.
- A declaration form must be signed by the driver before running on the track.
- The Race Director/Promoter retains the right to refuse track access to any vehicle they deem to be unsuitable, entry will not be refunded.
- Open Qualifying; Unlimited qualifying runs available for all heads-up classes on Saturday. Run at any time. No mixed class qualifying, all heads up cars must run as a pair from the same class or solo.
- Qualified cars in each heads-up class will advance to Sundays’ eliminations. All pairings and lanes will be drawn at random for each elimination round.
- All normal MSA/FIA general racing rules will apply such as blue line (excludes Pro Doorslammer), first or worst, red lights, boundary infringements and staging rules etc.
- 30 seconds starting rule from staging lanes applies. The Starters decision is final.
- The race director’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- All prize fund pay-outs are subject to a minimum 16 entries or on a downward sliding scale thereafter. Please see prize fund chart for details.
- The Big Bracket must have a minimum entry field of 25 cars per day to activate the 10k prize fund structure.
- In heads up classes 3 to 4 qualifiers will compete in 4 car eliminations, 5 to 12 in 8 car eliminations, 13 + cars in 16 car eliminations, 32 car eliminations will be run at the promoters discretion.
- The big bracket class is an all run field.
- The Doorslammers event is reserved for full bodied left or right-hand drive cars.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- Arm restraints are mandatory for all open top and windowless vehicles.
- A safety helmet that is fit for purpose is compulsory for ALL competitors.
- The driver must declare that their vehicle is safe and complies with the necessary rules and regulations.
- All vehicles taking part must be fit for purpose.
- Roll cages are strongly recommended for all vehicles running quicker than 12 seconds over a quarter mile.
- An SFI spec neck brace is recommended for ALL competitors using a helmet and compulsory for anyone travelling 130mph and faster.
- It is recommended that there is a secondary braking system for all vehicles travelling faster than 150mph, this can be a parachute or mechanical braking system in addition to a hydraulic system.
- A 5-point harness is strongly advised for vehicles capable of 145mph+.
- A HANS device is strongly advised for vehicles travelling 170mph and faster.
- It is highly recommended that all fuel systems and tanks are separated from the driver. There should be at least a bulkhead between the driver and the fuel lines and tank.
- Please note that if you and your vehicle have taken part in MSA/FIA competition, the safety rules and equipment required at the Doorslammers is the same as any MSA/FIA race event.
- All cars must have slammable doors!
- No Jets.
Entry Fees & Prize Funds
|Class||Entry Fee||Ticket Allocation||Prize Fund|
|Front Wheel Drive||£200||4||£7.5k|
|Big Bracket||£200 per day||4 for single day, 6 for weekend||£10k per day|
Entry Fee includes 16amp single phase power (3 phase power on request extra £100).
Semi finalists x 2
Quarter finalists x 4
|Front Wheel Drive||£3.5k||£2k||£500||£250|
|Big Bracket (per day)||£5k||£2k||£1k||£250|
Entry Form: Download an Entry Form Here
Please email completed entry forms to email@example.com. Also use this email if you have any questions or enquiries regarding Doorslammers rules.
Payments: Pay by PayPal / Credit Card below or phone 01234 782828. Please pay once you have submitted your entry form.
Please include racer's name in additional information if different from payer.
Big Bang Camper & Bus Show
Tickets to Doorslammers will also give you full access to the Big Bang show also on at Santa Pod Raceway the same weekend. This springtime family VW festival features monster truck, live music, Show & Shine, traders and a chilled out atmosphere with an array of sideshows and kids entertainment! www.big-bang.co.uk.
The Doorslammers - Tickets
Fri 17th to Sun 19th May 2019 - Kids Under 16 FREE*
|Ticket Type||Early Bird||Advance||Standard||Gates Open||Grandstand|
|Sat / Sun||£20||£25||£33||Sat 8am||Free|
|Weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun)||£28||£35||£45||Fri 9am||Free|
To Book Tickets please phone 01234 782828 or buy your tickets online.
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (£6 recorded, no postage fee on "print at home tickets").
- Maximum single online order of 9 admission tickets. To bulk book tickets for clubs or groups you will need to phone the Box Office to place your order.
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- **Early Bird discounts of 20% are available for this event until 31st January (year of the event) on admission tickets only. These cannot to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes, day tickets will be sold on the gate until 4pm.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. e.g. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Any ticket upgrades made on the day will be charged the difference to full gate price.
- Parking is free.
- Please see Essential Info page for Rain Off Policy and other terms and conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.
- Santa Pod Raceway offer various promotions and group discounts for 10 or more adult admission tickets to selected events. Details here.