Flame & Thunder 2014
Saturday 25th October
Stunts & Drag Racing Family Firework Spectacular
Flame & Thunder is an action packed day for all the family featuring motorsport stunts and Drag Racing. Witness a huge gathering of jet vehicles and experience 300mph Nitro guzzling Top Fuel dragsters along with cars and bikes from all classes of Drag Racing. Watch stunt displays including Monster Trucks, Freestyle Motocross, Drifting and Stunt Riders. The climax of the day will be a huge firework display and massive bonfire.
FREE ENTRY FOR KIDS! (Under 16s, max 3 per adult)
Flame & Thunder Report , Gallery & Video
Flame & Thunder 2014 Highlights Video:
Watch the Flame & Thunder 2014 highlights video.
Flame & Thunder Report
Santa Pod’s season finale; Flame & Thunder was a fun filled day of stunts, displays and drag racing with something for all the family. The activity zone had diggers, the savage skills stunt display, and a free ice rink that kept the hoards entertained throughout the day. The live stage featured a band, beatboxer and a tribute to the hit film Frozen who later did a meet and greet making dreams come true. Titan the robot was in attendance amazing onlookers with his incredible robotic show – he was swamped at every showing!
The Live Action Arena ran almost continuously all day long and into the evening with stunt performers Terry Grant, Lee Bowers, Team Maximum Lock, Jason Smyth and the 2 Monster Trucks Podzilla and Swamp Thing. The final night show always throws up a few special moments and this year saw a train jump from Podzilla followed by Swamp Thing and of course the Team Maximum Lock show with added pyrotechnics!
Other displays around the venue included show cars featuring some of the winning vehicles from a variety of shows throughout the year here at Santa Pod, a steam engine display and the crazy Karts!
And who can forget that incredible air display? We all watched in amazement as the Twister Aerobatics team lit up the skys with their illuminated plane and pyrotechnic effects.
Andrew Pleszko did the honours and lit the bonfire this year with his new BMW Jet Mini. After only a couple of blasts the fire was lit for the evening and it continued to burn for a further 48 hours! This awesome machine also hit the drag strip for a couple of pretty quick runs topping out at over 130mph. Other jets to take to the track included his classic Jet Mini, a jet powered Peel, a jet powered shopping trolley, the turbonator jet mini and a couple of Jet Granny Karts – 1 of which had a very interesting moment ¾ of the way up the track where it did a complete 180 and came to a standstill. How the pilot never fell off we’ll never know!
Some of the quickest machines on the drag strip were also jet powered led by Martin Hills FireForce 3 jet funny car that put in a spectacular night time run accompanied by fireworks up the side of the track which also triggered the main fireworks display. That run that will last in the memory for a long time!
The Top Fuel Dragsters made a couple of 1,000 foot passes and in the side by side match race it was Chris Andrews that beat Gabrielle McDonald to the stripe in just 4.2 seconds with header flames aplenty in the Autumn air. Martin Hill’s new FireForce 5 jet dragster was great to see, especially as he put in a great mid 6 second pass. Julian Webb closed the show with another 6 second pass into the night sky.
There were a host of drag demo’s running on the drag strip all day long. Andy Forrest put in another stunning run into the evening with a 7.7 second pass – incredible for a road worthy Subaru! There was more fire added to the show by a couple of daredevil drivers with their slingshot dragsters as Bob Hawkins and Dave Nelson completed a fire burnout each into the darkness.
It was the ultimate show to close the drag strip for 2014 with action everywhere you looked.
If you want some more fireworks then don’t forget that we also host Fireworks Frenzy on Saturday 1st of November.
VIP/Hospitality at Flame & Thunder is available for just £99 + VAT per person come along and enjoy the VIP experience including lunch and balcony viewing. Don't worry if you've already booked your tickets, you can still upgrade for a great day out or a gift. More information on the Hospitality pages.
Flame & Thunder Tickets
|Flame & Thunder - Sat 31st October 2015
Kids Under 16 FREE*
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket
- and postage fee of £3 per order (no postage fee on "print at home tickets"). Maximum single order of 9 entrance tickets.
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only "print at home tickets" will be available at standard rate.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- **Early Bird discounts of 20% are available until 31st January (year of the event) on admission tickets for Santa Pod organised events excluding third party events, Stunt Fest, RWYBs, DWYBs and grandstand seats. These cannot to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- Day admission is 8am till racing finishes, day tickets will be sold on the gate until 4pm.
- Weekend Gate ticket sales end at midnight.
- Camping is included within multi-day admission tickets, NOT single day tickets. e.g. Sat/Sun ticket = camping Sat night.
- Parking is free.
- Please see Essential Info page for Rain Off Policy and other terms and conditions.
- For RWYB don't forget your driving Licence.
- Caravan Club members get 20% discount on Santa Pod organised event admission tickets when booked in the advanced period by phone. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Tickets will not be posted but left at the Main Gate Collection Office and Caravan Club membership card must be shown on collection of tickets at the event.
To Book Tickets please phone 01234 782828 or buy your tickets online.
Flame & Thunder Menu
Flame & Thunder 2014 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2013 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2012 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2012 Photo Competition
Flame & Thunder 2011 Peport & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2010 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2010 Photo Competition
Flame & Thunder 2009 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2008 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2008 Photo Entry List
Flame & Thunder 2007 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2006 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2005 Report & Gallery
Flame & Thunder 2004 Report