Festival of Power 2018
Friday 30th March to Sunday 1st April 2018
For those of you who have been following the progress of the exciting new concrete track here at Santa Pod, you may also be aware that these site works included the profiling and reseeding of our grassed spectator bank. It will come as no surprise to many that following the harsh winter and recent visit from the “Beast from the East” that this excessively cold spell has wreaked havoc on the germination of our winter seed. After constant monitoring and inspection, it is clear that the proposed grass is significantly behind in its expected growth schedule!
With “Beast from the East 2” destined to arrive this weekend and continue into next week, it is obvious that this spectator viewing area will not have the expected grass coverage that we had been assured. Having been warned that we would be mowing it by Easter, this is clearly not the case! As a result, we are making changes to the viewing options in the grandstand and installing temporary ground cover for a dedicated section of the spectator bank. To ensure your safety and enjoyment, please take care when using the banked area and note the following:
- Wear appropriate footwear – no stilettos or high heels (unlikely!)
- No windbreaks or camping chairs.
- Dispose of cigarettes in the ash bins provided.
Please note the following arrangements for Grandstand seating at the Festival of Power: An additional FREE viewing area for spectators will be made available in Section 81 – 248 of the main Grandstand.
This section will be FREE UNALLOCATED seating and will operate on a first-come first-served basis throughout the day.
- Please be reminded that the grandstand is not suitable for wheelchairs or for people who have difficulty walking up stairs. (A separate elevated viewing platform for wheelchair users is available close by.)
- Pushchairs must not be taken into the grandstand but may be left outside the entrances.
- The grandstand operates a strict no-smoking policy.